Wednesday, November 11, 2009

28 Week Check-Up

I went to see Dr. Duff at Shands yesterday. Kara Faith looks great on ultrasound! Dr. Duff said, "Look, there's some hair." Sure enough you could see an edge of fuzz on her head. I got a quick glimpse of one of her ears, too. Her weight has come up. They are estimating her at 2 pounds, 9 ounces which puts her in the 47%. She was moving all round and had her legs crossed. She looked just beautiful!!


Our only concern currently is that I am carrying extra amniotic fluid (already). The report did say I do have polyhydramnios. I am measuring 31 weeks and I am 28. It's just over the normal limit right now, but prayer would be appreciated for this particular issue. I feel bigger in the last few days and my belly has been hurting some, so this must be why. I have measured as much as 6 weeks ahead in a couple past pregnancies, but that evened out later. I am currently taking insulin in 3 injections a day and testing blood sugars 4 times per day. My sugars have been very good. I think the hardest part for me right now is to eat when I'm not hungry or to drink when I have heartburn. All in all, I'm just happy that Kara looks great and I am almost recovered from my bout with the flu! We have a 3D/4D ultrasound scheduled for this Monday, November 16th--can't wait! I'll put pics up from that. We didn't get any this time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy,


Hi it is Terri from MOMYS. I look forward to seeing Kara's ultrasound pictures!!! I am glad you are feeling better!

Blessings,

Terri

5forjesus said...

Isn't it just wonderful the things they can see on ultrasound? I bet your sweet Kara is just beautiful! Looking forward to seeing the ultrasound pics soon. Hugs of JOY!
Dawn
Josiah's Mama
Dawn@JosiahsBlessings.com