Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Place for Kara...

"In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also."
John 14: 2-3
Alone with my thoughts at 6 o'clock in the morning is not always a good thing... I started thinking about the fear I have. Yes, I am afraid. I have never come home from the hospital without a baby. Not only this, but I will probably never come home with Kara. I am trying to treasure the moments I have with Kara and focus on the good gifts from my Father above. I am afraid. Afraid that when I get home my arms will be empty and aching for my little girl. My heart will be at a loss. Will this crush me? I pray not. I fear the hormonal changes and the demands of my large family. I want to be a good mother to my children... Who will care for me during my recovery from major surgery? Who will help me care for my children? I have been told not to "borrow trouble" from the future. I am praying that God would order things in His way and that these concerns would be answered perfectly. Of this I am confident, that God is preparing a place for Kara and that in His timing she will be with Him. I will see her again some glorious day.
I contacted a photographer from Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep foundation. I am hoping they can come do photos of me pregnant soon. Then maybe we can do another session closer to her birth, but sometimes these babies come early and I want to be prepared for that. Pray that Kara Faith would stay healthy in her secret place and that fluid levels would remain normal. Your prayers are what is holding me together. I know it!

4 comments:

Chris@Joyful Mother said...

Oh, Nancy. I know there are those days when you just don't know what will happen. Rest assured. Trust in the Lord to comfort your heart and deliver you from all your fears. It is a promise. Lean on this. Even when you totally don't feel peace and have many fears...lean on His everlasting peace

Sharing this scripture with you:

Psalm 34

I sought the LORD, and He heard me,
And delivered me from all my fears.
5 They looked to Him and were radiant,
And their faces were not ashamed.
6 This poor man cried out, and the LORD heard him,
And saved him out of all his troubles.
7 The angel of the LORD encamps all around those who fear Him, And delivers them.

Can you trust the Lord in this? That He WILL deliver you and Kara !!!!

I love you and praying.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

My prayers are with you and I do believe that God will take care of you.
However, I live not far from you and seriously, if I can help you in ANY way, please let me know. At least with meals or something...my church family & I would be honored to help.
~Cyndy

amanda said...

Hello. I randomly found your blog tonight. I too am expecting a baby gril in March, and she has been diagnosed with alobar hpe. I can not believe that I have found some one else going through the same thing. Your blog is great, and I pray for you, your family and your sweet Kara Faith. May Godd bless you all.

Amanda
blessings4life.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This almost made me cry. I am expecting a girl in April. I feel your hurt...I have a special needs child and pray that this baby will be healthy.