Thursday, October 15, 2009

Things New

Here Kara is showing off her profile. Her hand up there cast a shadow across the bottom of her little face.
Yes, we are sure she's a GIRL!

We met with our new OB, Dr. Duff, this past Tuesday. God has blessed us with a very kind man for a doctor. We went over our diagnosis and what we were want to do for Kara. Dr. Duff is going to take very good care of me and Kara Faith. I am sure. He will be seeing me every 2-3 weeks and then we'll go to every week near the end of December. We have a C Section tentatively scheduled for January 25th. It's a Monday... I am hoping maybe we can move it up a few days because it's easier to get someone to help with our 7 other children over a weekend. I'm trying not to borrow "trouble" from the future, but we are going to need a lot of help. I am praying that God will provide all the answers. I am thankful He has arranged everything perfectly so far!

I major concern I am having is my blood sugars. Dr. Duff added regular insulin to my regimen, but I am having a little trouble with that. I "crashed" yesterday morning, so we are going to have to play with the doses and times, most likely. Also, my fastings have not come down significantly. Please pray for this to all stabilize. I am taking the dose I took at the END of my last pregnancy.

Please pray for Kara Faith's health. She is looking good on ultrasound and her growth is right on for how far along I am. We got the best profile picture yet! I am at a point of peace in my pregnancy and enjoying it.

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jeremiah 29:11 KJV

3 comments:

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

I'm glad for you the c-section doesn't have to be scheduled too early. You have enough on your plate without worrying about preemie issues, too. (((hugs))) Praying!!!

Skipper said...

Love you, sister. Praying for Kara, for YOU, and for your family.

Unknown said...

I am hoping that Kara stays in there, safe & healthy, until my due date!