Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Some Pics

She just looked so precious today!
Love Always Hopes...
Miss Kara Faith Smiles!
Kara, after a relatively rough start, seems to be doing better with her trach since surgery last Thursday. Sorry I haven't updated, but have been soooo tired. An xray today showed she does have some edema in her lungs so they gave her another dose of Lasix to try to dry that up. She has been having desatting issues where she will drop her oxygen sats REAL low and sometimes needs to be bagged to come back up. This just offers her additional oxygen and some pressure. She was used to the pressure when she was on the vent, but was breathing room air. She came off the vent just a few hours after surgery last week. Currently, Kara is on about 35% oxygen and had a wonderful day today. They are teaching us how to suction her and both Stu and I have had a chance to do this. We will be trained to change her trach coming up probably next week. It looks like she may be ready to go home the week after next. We have to get everything in order. We had a BIG meeting today with her doctors, social worker, Hospice, etc. It was very helpful. Please pray that we would not have anxiety in bringing her home. Sometimes I am overwhelmed at how I will care for her, but God has ordered everything thus far, so I need to trust in Him. We are very thankful for our little girl! Go HERE for more pictures of the past few days and her new trach.

5 comments:

Mary said...

It is so great to see her face! It is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the update on little Kara! I will be praying for you and your family as you get prepared to bring her home. I sure that it sometimes feel very overwhelming but remember Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." He will help you to take care of your little girl at home.

Charity Nee said...

Wow she is beautiful!! :) What a SWEET smile! Hugs and blessings! P.S. do you have a caringbridge for kara or is this your "updates site"?

gbmom2407 said...

Fellow MOMYS here. Just wanted to send our love. From sweet baby C (our son born 1/12/10) to sweet baby Kara Faith. Praying for your entire family. Stay strong.
Happy day.

Unknown said...

I don't have a caring bridge site... Wondering if I should, but then would have to post in two places, LOL! This is it...and Facebook where I have a community of friends from church, homeschool, and my holoprosencephaly friends from around the world.