Saturday, December 26, 2009

Update on Amnio Procedure

Here's an update on our amnio reduction procedure. We went in at 9 on Christmas Eve. They were all waiting for us and didn't make me get an IV this time. (Happy dance!) The same resident that did it last time was there and performed it this time, so we knew each other. They got 1.7 LITERS of fluid off in just under 15 minutes and it wasn't nearly as painful as last time. I had lots of contractions afterwards every 2-3 minutes, so they gave me terbutaline to stop them. I was sent home 2 hours later. I was in and out of L&D in about 3 hours. I had a lot more pain at the site where they put the needle this time, but I'm chalking it up to using a larger needle. (At least it didn't take 35 minutes like last time!) Also, I had contractions most of Christmas Day and had to take meds for them. I'm still having some this morning, so may take more meds, but they make me dizzy and I pretty much can't do anything.

We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our Kara Faith and think it will be near the end of the first week of January... We'll see what the doctor says next week on Tuesday!

No comments: